Stand competent watches; i.e. inside, outside and boiler plant;
Under a minimum of supervision, must be able to start up, stop, operate and maintain all buildings’ central operating systems and related equipment which include but are not limited to chillers, absorbers and low pressure boilers;
Isolate systems for repair, replace components i.e. filters, strainers, valves, floats, lube oil and clean cooling towers and fan coils;
Isolate electrical systems, check fuses, resistance and the continuity of related control circuits and power equipment;
Monitor, operate and adjust computerized building management and alarm systems;
Test and treat boiler chemicals for main high pressure boilers and low pressure boilers;
Take air flow readings and air change calculations;
Respond to emergency situations when on site;
Take and record meter readings;
Complete required log books;
Perform other related duties as assigned.
Shift: 12am-8am (OVERNIGHT)
Experience and Educational Background
- High School Diploma and 6 years of related mechanical experience;
- NYC Refrigeration License preferred.
Skills and Competencies
- Must possess the strength and dexterity needed to perform the job and the physical ability to move equipment as necessary;
- Must adhere to operational safety rules and regulations as deemed by the College;
- Must be able to follow directives and possess good communication skills and ability to interact with building/office occupants effectively;
- Speaks to clients and colleagues in a respectful and thoughtful manner;
- Collaborates with others to promote university services and resources to meet the needs of the students, employees, and the community;
- Conducts activities in a trustworthy and dependable manner;
- Sets high personal performance standards for quality and evaluates service against those standards;
- Effectively structures actions to achieve objectives.
Founded in 1955, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Einstein) is one of the nation’s premier institutions for medical education, basic research and clinical investigation. A full-time faculty of some 2,000 conducts research, teaches, and delivers health care in every major biomedical specialty. The college has some 730 medical students, 193 Ph.D. students, 106 MD/Ph.D. students and 275 postdoctoral fellows.
Einstein’s major strength, in addition to training physicians and scientists, is its science. During fiscal year 2015, the faculty’s consistently high level of scientific achievement resulted in the awarding of more than $150 million in peer-reviewed grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Einstein is part of Montefiore Medicine Academic Health System, an integrated academic delivery system comprising seven campuses, including 8 hospitals, a multi-county ambulatory network, a new state-of-the art “hospital without beds”, a skilled nursing facility, school of nursing, home health agency, and the state’s first freestanding emergency department. As the University Hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore is a premier academic health system, employing Einstein’s clinical faculty and training Einstein’s medical students, over 1,300 residents, 420 allied health students, and 1,600 nursing students annually.
We have also been recognized by Forbes as one of the country's best midsize employers in 2019. Forbes ranked Einstein in the top overall nationally among midsize employers. Einstein ranked 3rd within the education category in New York State and 9th nationally among all midsize education employers.
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Einstein seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.